Monday, September 27, 2010

No. 7 - Dubliners

I'm not moving very fast through my Unread Library. Dubliners was good and offered a glimpse into life in Dublin at the turn of the century. This collection of short stories is pretty political; notes on the author describe him as being "the greatest literary rebel of our time [...] He rebelled against social and literary conventions, against Catholicism, and against Dublin, the city at the center of this magnificent early collection of stories." (book jacket).

image from Barnes & Noble

This book definitely put me into a fall mood: gray, somber, and something I would expect to read in school. :)

I'm now working on an added book to my list, a friend lent me The Screwtape Letters. So far, it's very interesting and definitely making me think.

No comments:

Post a Comment