Monday, September 6, 2010

Mansfield Park

I finished Mansfield Park this weekend and loved it. I have read enough Jane Austen books to know what to expect (I mean, they are love stories after all, the girl always gets the guy) but this one had a twist that I wasn't expecting. The entire book I wasn't exactly sure how it would turn out. Would Fanny's feelings change? Would Mary Crawford change her mind? Is Mr. Crawford actually a nice guy? I had no idea! But then, in classic Jane Austen form, the last two chapters held all the twists, turns, and wrapped everything up like every good romance should. Not to mention Ms. Austen's humor and subtle satire on wealth and marriage; which is always fun.

And now onto No. 07 of my unread library, Dubliners by James Joyce.

No comments:

Post a Comment