Thursday, April 29, 2010

What?

Oh my goodness. I blinked and it was almost May.

I finally have a rhythm with my job. No longer is it my "new" job, I'm no longer trying to get caught up, and Easter is over, so everything is normal - as normal as it can be, working simultaneously with people and computers/equipment. :)

I'm really excited to be in a groove and ready to take on some new challenges. Maybe I'll actually learn what all the buttons on the camera do or how to actually use some of the programs I'm so fortunate to have on my computer.

Side note: this post will not have pictures because I lost the cable. Oh, the irony.

I posted my SOAK (devotion) on the NorthShore website last week (you can read it here) and it was really convicting. I have never been very vocal about what I believe. For the most part, I am shy and soft spoken; a peace maker and a people pleaser. But I realized that that isn't an excuse to not be vocal, but rather a strength to create deep meaningful relationships with people, and conversations about God will come from how much I care about them. Does that even make sense? Well, either way, I've been able to be more candid about what I believe with more people in the last few weeks than I ever have in my life. I admit I haven't shared my faith ala GOSPEL acronym and said "Do you want Jesus?" but I think the small seeds that I'm being faithful to plant are just the beginning. I'm excited that God is changing me and I'm realizing, even more, how important prayer is in my life. It's a place that I'm happy to be discovering and challenging at the same time.

I am a freelance designer now! Well, if you count one freelance job! It was a great learning experience and I'm looking forward to figuring out how to possibly make something of it. It was so fun to deposit that check, haha.

This is possibly the most sporadic post, and for that I apologize. If you want to see what else I'm working on, visit The Springs Church and NorthShore Student Ministries sites. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment